Building control

Building control

Building control

Our surveyors protect people in and around buildings by making sure you follow the law. Find out whether you need building control approval and how to apply for it.

Dangerous structures and public safetyDangerous structures

Whether it is loose scaffolds or a leaning garden wall, a damaged structure can be dangerous. Report it to us.

Demolition controlDemolition control

If you plan to demolish a building in Newham you need to tell us at least six weeks before you start the work.

Scaffolding and hoarding licence

Apply for a permit to put up scaffolding and hoardings around your building site.

Building materials licence

Apply for a permit to store building materials on the street.

Related documents