warning icon
Council Tax and Housing Benefit - online upgrade work this weekend Council Tax balances and housing benefit info via MyNewham will not be available.¬†Customers can still make payments, but online account balances will not be updated until Tuesday 21 January 2020.‚Äč

Building control

Building controlBuilding control

Our surveyors protect people in and around buildings by making sure you follow the law. Find out whether you need building control approval and how to apply for it.

Submit a new applicationSubmit a new application and Design Service

Submitting an application has never been easier.

Our projectsOur projects

Newham Building Control surveyors retain varied experience to undertake all manner of inspection work to residential and commercial developments.

Building Control applicationBuilding Control application searches and our staff

If you plan to demolish a building in Newham you need to tell us at least six weeks before you start the work.

What's new and guidance notes

Latest news and contact information